The Smart Lemming Rundown (Episode 12) continues on the series called “The Smart Lemming Guide to Career Development” in Phase 1 called “Assessing Your Career.”
Click the play button to listen to the podcast now, or subscribe to it by clicking the “download” link.
Understanding that workers are protected by federal law, what do you do when you experience bias or prejudice from coworkers or your boss?
As a worker, if you’re a person that belongs to “protected class,” you cannot be targeted for harassment or discrimination. A “protected class” is a term used in U.S. anti-discrimination law, describing ten federally protected classes which are the following: race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran, or genetic information.
As an employer or manager, creating diversity in the workplace is not the same as avoiding discriminatory practices. How can managers prevent discrimination and promote diversity? How should employers manage diversity-related issues at work?
This week’s podcast provides an overview of protected classes in the workplace, ranging from the workers point of view to the managers point of view.
Learn how you can create your own courses for your self-study to get ahead in your job and career. Also, learn the four action items you can take to start your Smart Lemming Curriculum today.
In the Smart Lemming Guide to Career Development series, I discuss each phase, so you can create a shortcut to your career success.
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Good Is Not Enough: And Other Unwritten Rules for Minority Professionals by Keith R. Wyche
- Smart Lemming Book Review: The Diversity Code by Michelle T. Johnson
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Diversity of Organizations by Myrtle P. Bell
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Making Diversity Work by Jeanne C. Meister and Karie Willyerd
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Off-Ramps and On-Ramps by Sylvia Ann Hewitt
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Through the Labyrinth by Alice H. Eagly and Linda L. Carlie
- Smart Lemming Book Review: None of Us is as Good as All of Us by Patricia Sowell Harris
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Managing the Older Employee by Casey Hawley
- Smart Lemming Book Review: Perfectly Able by Lighthouse International
Subscribe to Podcast